Replaced Disk Drive, New Program Still Won't Load.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ladycarr, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Ladycarr

Ladycarr Private E-2

Baby Geek still needs help! My friend asked me to load "Publisher Pro" into my computer in hopes I could make a flyer for her. I guess "PP" has nice pickures of dogs in it. Anyway, I loaded the first half of the software provided and my Disk Drive broke. Couldn't get it open to save my life. Ok, replaced said disk drive "56x". Now, the program still will not load. The screen goes black.

What do you think is going on? I called the company who makes the software and asked for the 1st and 4th disks in case it was the actual disks that got ruined or something.

Actually, Im not sure that my computer sees the disk drive? May be it would be nice if I could ask it to run disk drive from the start menu. I dont see it in the programs.

Thank you for your help.

Jeanie

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds