Replacement motherboard for Acer M5640?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rABiD_kittEn, Oct 12, 2011.

1. rABiD_kittEn

rABiD_kittEn Private E-2

Hi! I have been looking for days for an answer to this, and can't find anything exact so I am going to go ahead and make a new thread.

It has been a number of years since I've replaced a motherboard, but my grandmother's Acer Aspire M5640 AM5640-U5401a apparently needs a new one. I have done all of the tests suggested online, and am still having the same problems. Gave a new computer repair place here a shot, and they took 3 weeks to tell me it needs a new mobo. rolleyes I was getting ready to pick it up from them anyway because they were so uncommunicative.

Anywho, I cannot pin down an exact answer as to options available to replace this. You may need some more info from me, so please just ask! I greatly appreciate all of you Major Geeks and your help!! :)

2. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

I have had a bit of a look and assuming this is your PC, I think you are out of luck getting a new one. Your only chance is ebay

3. rABiD_kittEn

rABiD_kittEn Private E-2

Thank you for your response. I read a number of posts in different forums where people replaced their M5640 MOBO with an equivalent...for example, an ASUS http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/53623-2-acer-aspire-m5640-motherboard-layout-power-issue or Gigabyte http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/293060-30-acer-aspire-m5640-motherboard

But, their model #s weren't EXACTLY the last 6 'characters' of mine, so I'm not sure those MOBOs would work, and was hoping to get some specific info before I spend the $. Are you saying that there aren't equivalent ones out there that I can get, or just no Acer ones? Or does anyone know if these boards would work, or have any other suggestions?

Thanks again!

4. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

If memory serves me correctly I looked for a compatible board but you cant get a new oneas the spec is now redundent. You willl probably need to look for a used board on ebay

5. rABiD_kittEn

rABiD_kittEn Private E-2

Okee doke. I am finding some possibilities on eBay. Thanks again for your help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds