Replacement screen for Toshiba Portege

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mathilda, May 8, 2011.

1. mathilda

mathilda Private First Class

I am looking to purchase a new replacement screen for my Toshiba Portege - here in Australia they can cost way over $500 and in the US $100 range. Unfortunately no one seems to have them in stock and wonder if any poster may know of where I can buy one as a good price.. My Toshiba was only 1 year old when the screen died and Toshiba refuses to honor the guarantee because they state I caused the damage - well it was sitting on my desk whilst I having breakfast and when I returned to the desk and moved the mouse there was nothing on the screen except black and white solid forms. :cry
    Full details of the screen are

1. LT121DEVBK00.
    2. ADLR8I103081
    3. G33C00052110

Numbers on back of computer
    Model no. PPA60A-01H00G
    SERIAL NUMBER. X8063878H
    ACN: 001320421

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Hello,
    There is always sites like Ebay that you could try.

3. mathilda

mathilda Private First Class

Been there done that, in fact Ebay even US, is the first place I go to find anything, there is always a bargain to be gotten there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds