Request: a real-time hard drive monitor

Discussion in 'Software' started by ddalley, Feb 13, 2010.

1. ddalley

ddalley Private E-2

A few years ago, I used a free XP-era program to find where Quick Time was doing things.

If I recall, the real-time hard drive activity tracker was called Doorman, but I have since lost track of how to find it (it's on a dead hard drive). I think it was written by a Torontonian, but I am not certain.

If anyone knows the program I am talking about, maybe you could pass it on to the Major and have him add it to the collection here. I am sure a few of you would appreciate it, including me.

Thanks!

2. Noone

Noone Private E-2

Sysinternals also had programs called FileMon and Regmon which reported all file and registry accesses. They has since been combined into a program called Process Monitor. Maybe this will meet your needs.

3. ddalley

ddalley Private E-2

I tried Process Monitor, but something is unstable and it wouldn't work right.
    I'll try again after a reboot and see if things improve.

It looks to have more functions than Doorman, but I have to get it running first.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds