Resetting A Microsoft Account Password - Help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by gman863, Feb 10, 2017.

1. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

I have a client who has totally forgotten the password to her Microsoft account. She and I are trying to get Microsoft to give us a reset option. The password is required to start Windows 10. No other accounts are set up on the PC.

The Microsoft account is "xyz@sbcglobal.net". While she has forgotten the password to the Microsoft account needed to start Windows, we were able to reset the password and ability to access the xyz@sbcglobal.net e-mail address through her ISP, the att.com webpage.

When I go to the Microsoft account live password reset page, it will not allow me to send the password recovery instructions to xyz@sbcglobal.net. I tried using a different e-mail address (abc@yahoo.com) and had the customer answer a bunch of security questions. No luck. Microsoft denied the request submitted for the alternate e-mail address.

Microsoft's website is useless on finding a way to send the password reset to the xyz@sbcglobal.net e-mail address. Other than pulling her hard drive to backup her data and then totally reformatting the PC, I'm out of ideas.

Does anyone know a way to get Microsoft to send her password reset instructions to the same e-mail name(xyz@sbcglobal.net) as what her Microsoft account is? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

You have followed THIS?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds