Resize c: drive with PartitionMagic

Discussion in 'Software' started by bob20, Dec 31, 2006.

1. bob20

bob20 Private E-2

I am running out of space on my c: drive and have been considering resizing with partitionmagic as a relatively painless way to get my c: drive up to about 40gb.
    Is this the best way to go? Is partitionmagic easy to use and reliable? This is the computer I work with and not being able to use it for any period of time is not a good thing.
    I would appreciate any advice/recommendations. thanks

2. BirdBath

BirdBath Sergeant Major

3. bob20

bob20 Private E-2

I don't mind paying for the software

4. BirdBath

BirdBath Sergeant Major

I swear by Partition Magic it's one of the best IMO.

Remember to back up your files just incase. You probably wont need to but I would hate to see PM wipe out your files. I've never seen it happen but just be safe. ;)

5. BirdBath

BirdBath Sergeant Major

Depending on the size of your drive and how much Data is on there it will take any where from 5 to 15 Minutes.

If you don't feel comfortable doing the resize manually PM has a Wizard you can use. It's very easy and very reliable.

6. bob20

bob20 Private E-2

thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. I'll pick up partitionmagic and resize my c: drive tomorrow after backing up of course

7. BirdBath

BirdBath Sergeant Major

Let us know how it went and what you think of PM.

Happy New Year :)

8. bob20

bob20 Private E-2

BirdBath, PM is everything you said it would be. It took a daunting task and with the help of wizards allowed me to easily get the job done. Thank you for your help!

9. BirdBath

BirdBath Sergeant Major

Your Welcome. Glad you liked PM. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds