resizing partitions with partition magic

Discussion in 'Software' started by devilishly.charmin, Feb 14, 2008.

1. devilishly.charmin

devilishly.charmin Private First Class

Hi, I recently partitioned my two dirves so when I formatted my computer I wouldnt have to back everything up on cd, instead I just have them on seperate partitions. Neway when I did this I decided to only make my windows partition (c:) like 10gig, as I never thought I would not install that much in the way of software that would go over 10gig....turns out I was wrong. Anyway I was under the impression that it was possible to resize a existing partition? Anyway also on the same drive I have another partition to backup programs, which is 61gig. I resized that to 51gig, leaving myself 10gig of unallocated space. I was thinking I would just use the 10gig of unallocated space and resize my windows drive (c:) up to 20gig. However when i right click on the C: and click resize I cannot resize the drive for some reason....i cannot slide the indicator across to make it any bigger. Im not totally sure if this is possible or if im just misssing something but any help will be much appreciated :) thanks. 2 pics uploaded of wot i mean.

http://www.devilish-charms.com/pics/ss1.JPG
    http://www.devilish-charms.com/pics/ss2.JPG

they were too large to upload with the manage attatchments section so just uploaded to my own host and pasted links....

Thanks

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

1. The 10 Gig of unallocated space has to be aside of C; if it isn't, you have to move the 51 gig to the end so the 10 gig unallocated is between C and the remaining 51 GB. I can see from your picture that it is not. So move E to the end.
    2. After the drive appears as C, unallocated space and E in that order, then you an resize C.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds