Restoring "Lost" Profile?

Discussion in 'Software' started by TRon42, Feb 14, 2007.

1. TRon42

TRon42 Private E-2

Firstly, sorry if this is posted in wrong area.

Short History.
    PSU went on my HP desktop
    Bought new one (in hurry) from PC World
    Few booting glitches since new PSU ?? (USB hubs not recognised etc) and was going to replace the PSU again but I usually got around the annoyance using Windows System Restore facility
    Got all sensible and actually backed up nearly everything I could think of. Phew!
    Then.... for some unknown reason, when booting up one day, the Restore went back to HP version and original factory settings, even before all drivers etc. AAARRGGHHH!! (Thank gawd for my file backup!)

I've since bought a nice new lappy and have thankfully got nearly everything I need thanks to the backup, BUT I still NEED to get back on my old PC under my profile to access a few other files that changed since the backup, some emails and most importantly 2 years of Microsoft Money data under my 'Jon' profile on the old desktop.

I've got the PC up and running OK, I can see and access all the docs etc in Shared folders, so I think my stuff is still all there, I just can't get to it!

How can I "restore" if thats the term my "Jon" profile and get back to MY stuff? I rather hopefully tried creating "Jon" again, but that didn't work like I thought it wouldn't. Most info I find on 'net seems to rely on Windows System Restore Points... but they seem to have all disappeared too.

Hope someone can help me here...

TRon

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds