restoring to factory settings gone wrong!

Discussion in 'Software' started by getridofitall101, Jun 21, 2011.

1. getridofitall101

getridofitall101 Private E-2

I have an acer 5100 and was in the middle of restoring it back to factory setting through the alt f10 procedure and it was working just fine restoring then I left the room and came back and the computer had shut off on it's own. I turned it back on and now all I get is a black screen with a curser in the left hand corner. I cannot get to safe mode and do not know how to fix this. It won't let me try to restore to factory settings again or boot up any other way. I do not have a restore cd either I have always used the restore partition on the hard drive. Any ideas would be helpful.

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,
    This may or may not work for you. Download Gparted Live CD. Burn the iso with something like imgburn. Boot the CD and see if you see a partition named recovery. Click on it in the display area. and in the menu bar, select Partition >Manage Flags. Then check the box marked boot. Remove the CD and reboot the computer. The recovery partition should now boot up and go through its steps.

[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds