Restoring XP Files to Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by arariboia, Jul 23, 2011.

1. arariboia

arariboia Private E-2

I haven't seen this specific question in the threads I've read, so pls forgive the duplication if that's the case.

The school where I work decided to go to Windows 7. They asked that I back up my stuff and turn in the laptop, which was wiped clean before a full install of Win 7 was made.

Using the Windows provided backup program, I backed up everything to an external hard drive.

They returned the laptop and I went back to the backup and restore program, but it does not recognize the backup files on the external hard drive. The utility keeps asking me where to find the backed up files, but will not "see" the files on the external hard-drive.

I have manually transferred back isolated folders, but most of the stuff is sitting in backup folders which don't even have an icon that I can recognize.

I thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

A.

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Did you use the Windows Easy Transfer?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds