restricted access to some users

Discussion in 'Software' started by master-s, Mar 4, 2005.

1. master-s

master-s Private E-2

Ok here is a good one that I can't quite figure out.
    one of my users came up to me the other day and asked if it was possible to restrict other users who use a computer in the factory from getting on the internet we still need to see the network but we don't want it online.
    We also want to restrict the access to things like wallpaper, screen savers, and such.
    We want to do this for only a few users not everyone on the computer.

Is there an easy way to do this that is secure?

thanks in advance

master-s

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Officially warn those using the PC to cease and desist. Install a keylogger to see who uses it and why. Show a warning that this PC has a logger installed? Companies provide PC's for employess to use, to the benefit of the company, not for private use (some minor private use is generally permitted) but major contravening of the company's instructions should not be permitted. IMHO. Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds