Restriction Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by cambo1812, Oct 5, 2006.

1. cambo1812

cambo1812 Private E-2

Hi,

Please can you help. I have received this message and can get round it. The h partition on the same drive I can open.

Regards
    Keith

Attached Files:

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Try this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=278839

This issue may occur if there is a Group Policy object (GPO) that restricts what programs you can run. Programs can be restricted if either of the following policies in the domain organizational unit group policy or a local computer group policy have been applied: • Do not run specified Windows applications.
    • Run only the allowed Windows applications.

Back to the top

RESOLUTION
    If you need to run a restricted program, contact your system administrator to modify the GPO.

3. cambo1812

cambo1812 Private E-2

Hi,
    I have had a look in group policy and they are all set as - not configuired as i would expect as it's a home pc and i havn't ammended anything. The message relates to a drive that I try to open. As mentioned I can open the H: logical drive on the same hard disc.

keith

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds