resume layouts (templets)

Discussion in 'Software' started by darcey, Jan 11, 2006.

1. darcey

darcey Private E-2

dose anyone know where i can get FREE resume layouts (templets). thank you

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

3. darcey

darcey Private E-2

thank you for your help, i found what i was looking for but cannot open any of these resume templets can you help me . thank you

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

http://office.microsoft.com/templat...plates/TC010785211033.aspx&Parameter=1&CTT=98

The ActiveX control for use with Microsoft Office Online improves your experience when using the Office Online site. The control opens the appropriate Office program automatically when you download a template or start a training practice session. It also enables you to copy and paste clip art and media directly from the site into your documents.

IE blocks ActiveX by default, did you allow it to install?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Also as well as ActiveX being allowed as MA said, I hope you also have Microsoft Word?

6. darcey

darcey Private E-2

no i do not have ms word, just word pad dose this mean i will not be able to use it and e-mail resumes ?

7. Insomniac

You will lose a lot of the formatting with Wordpad.

Get yourself a free office app that supports .doc files.

8. Insomniac

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I would try and see if you can once downloaded if they download, I'm pretty certain that thay will only download to the Office product specified.... eg. Word, Excel etc

I have a few on my PC that I have downloaded and I just did a quick test to see if they opened with Wordpad, they did but some didnt hold formatting, type etc so would be useless to use.

if their is a specific one you want from their either I will ( or another kind member will ) download if for you and attach it here so you can download and open with Insomniac's suggestion of Open Office which will open MS Word docs ( dont think it will work with MS office download site tho.. but I could be very wrong ) just let us know the title of the CV/Resume.

10. Insomniac

HERE is a pretty good site that offers some templates, but regardless, you still need a dedicated word processor to preserve formatting.

You can try downloading or saving them as .rtf (rich text format), but you are better off with a word processor.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds