Retrieve back my files from Combofix

Discussion in 'Software' started by GearFour, Jul 21, 2012.

1. GearFour

GearFour Private E-2

Hi,

My computer was infected with "Trojan.Dropper.BCMiner", it was linked to "C:\Windows\Installer\{48dd6613-37f1-e110-816b-cfb1749ac810}\U�000008.@".

The annoying thing is the Kaspersky Sky Internet Security keeps popping up this message: "Detected: UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\{48dd6613-37f1-e110-816b-cfb1749ac810}\U\80000064.@ KSN service". This problem keeps getting detected and quarantined every minute for the whole day, it was too annoying that i had to ask for assistance from KasperSky.

The expert there instructed me to do stuff like scanning and retreiving of logs, but the Trojan was still there.

After that he finally asked me to use Combofix. He listed down the step by step instructions for me to use Combofix, Dos and don'ts were also listed down.
    I followed the instructions without fail and the Trojan was gone. But then came a more problematic problem for me.

Combofix messed up my computer.

These are the things that happened to my computer

1) All my photos and videos files are not accessible, it gives me some error box saying "Class not registered" while i click on photos and ''Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct'', "Server execution failed"when i try to open a video file. I have noticed the video problem is mostly due to Windows Media Player as i can play them with VLC player. As for photo files, i can only view it with HP Photo Viewer and not Windows Photo Viewer.

2) Some control panel settings are not accessible:
    -under User Accounts, nothing happened when i click on ''Change User Account Control settings"
    -same thing for ''Device Manager" in Control Panel\System

3)I can't use system restore: it states "System Restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on this system. A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error. Check the Application event log for more information. (0x80042303)''

4)When i right click Computer and click on properties, nothing happened.

5)I even encountered Windows installer problems and troubleshooting problems.

6)Currently my network connection shows that i'm not connected to the internet, but strangely i can access the internet.

My computer is now free of virus and trojan but these new system problems are more disastrous, i even regretted using Combofix.

I told the expert about how Combofix has done to my computer, but he couldn't do anything to help. He didn't even told me the risks of using Combofix and also did not told me to do any backup.

I have already uninstalled Combofix, but i still have the Combofix log and the Qoobox Quarantine file. I will post them up if needed.

These problems have been in my computer for a week, it is really terrible.

I'm hoping if someone can help me restore my files excluding the trojan from Combofix back to how it originally was in my conputer. Thanks!

2. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

What I would do if I were in your situation:
    • do a full backup of the system to an external device
    • perhaps do an additional backup of just the photos & videos
    • perform a Windows Repair installation
    • do a full Windows reinstall, if the repair does not work

3. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Try following the directions in this post in regards to downloading and running Windows Repair by Tweaking.com.

That should take care of most of the computer problems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds