Reverse settings for trusted content

Discussion in 'Software' started by Can't come up with any, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Hello folks,
    While trying to download activeX controls and virus definitions from Symantecs online scan, I checked the "always trust content from Symantec Corp." I would like to know how to revers that. I figured that would be part of tmp. internet files, but that turned out to be wrong. :D

2. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Assuming IE 5.5 or higher (unless it's the same regardless of IE version) ... Go to Internet Options and click on the Content tab. In the middle there is the Certificates button. If you click on Certificates then Trusted Root Certification Authorities, look for Symantec. Select it and remove it.

I haven't ever done this, so if there's someone here that has....PLEASE CONFIRM THIS. I know this area is where certificates are stored. You're removing the certificate. I would think when removing a certificate when you attempt the online scan again you will be prompted as before.

3. Thanks a bunch Ken3, it worked like a charm. :D

4. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

I'm glad that worked for you :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds