Revo Uninstaller with SSD

Discussion in 'Software' started by nicholas1956, Jan 7, 2014.

1. nicholas1956

nicholas1956 Private E-2

Is it ok to use Revo Uninstaller with a ssd? I read that you should not use registry cleaners with them. Revo removes registry keys when it uninstalls a program. I also read that you should not use Ccleaner with them. Any help with this is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Hey nicholas 1956, just my personal experience, but I've use both on 2 ssd computers without any problems, but if you really must use a registry cleaner. ccleaner is pretty safe, but I wouldn't run it too often.

Leftover registry keys really don't hurt anything if left alone.

3. nicholas1956

nicholas1956 Private E-2

OK, Thanks I'll try not to use either one very often.:)

4. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

Your programs are on your C drive (SSD) and any you want to uninstall using Revo is safe to use,

Revo won't hurt your SSD.

5. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

I haven't researched the matter but I can't thing of a single hypothetical reason why either Revo Uninstaller or CCleaner would damage a SSD.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

He might be confusing these programs with the advice do not defrag any ssd because it shortens its life. Write is done differently to ssd drives so the info does not have to be sequential to be efficient. One never defrags an ssd if one wants to use it a long time. ;)

7. nicholas1956

nicholas1956 Private E-2

But isn't the registry also on your c drive?

8. nicholas1956

nicholas1956 Private E-2

I read that Ccleaner with WFS (wipe free space) enabled can destroy your ssd and make it unusable.

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

That is because it is an intense process of writing 0s to the SSD's free space, which has limited writes.

That is not an uninstaller though.

10. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

Although, if one does a sufficient number of free space wipes, CCleaner becomes a de facto uninstaller (of everything on the drive) ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds