right click - doesnt work, nothing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SpecialFNK, Jun 9, 2007.

1. SpecialFNK

SpecialFNK Private First Class

when i right click on my mouse it doesnt work, nothing pop ups, nothing happens.
    im using a Gateway laptop. not sure if i did something unintential or what.
    i tried restarting my laptop, that didnt help.
    any ideas?

2. zunstree

zunstree Private E-2

Try looking in control panel's in Mouse, im not sure what options are in there on a gateway computer, but something might have been turned off.

3. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

What browser do you use?
    Have you downloaded anything lately?

I had this problem not long ago and it was an add on I installed with Firefox. It worked fine for 3 or 4 days and suddenly no right click function.

4. TheSaintOfPain

TheSaintOfPain Private First Class

It could be a number of things; first in my mind are incompatibility issues or malware. If it's incompatibility, for whatever reason, you might consider contacting the maker's support staff, and seeing what their solution is, if there's any sort of updates or anything of that nature. And obviously, if it's malware, such as a worm or Trojan Horse, you'll wanna do a scan with whatever malware scanners you have, and see what they come up with. Now, those may not be the answer, but if you can provide a bit more info, such as if it only happens in a certain program(s?) or all the time, or if you did download anything lately, that can definitely help the rest of us out in diagnosing and fixing the problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds