Right click explorer.exe crash

Discussion in 'Software' started by TechWizard86, Nov 12, 2011.

1. TechWizard86

TechWizard86 Private E-2

This one is starting to interfere with my work. Whenever I right click on an explorer folder in Windows XP I get this "Explorer.EXE Application error." The cause according to the Dr. Watson logs is svchost.exe causing an access violation. I use the Unlocker Assistant to help force delete files and now that I can't right click, the application is useless. I'm going to attach two files. One is the dialog app crash box after I made a right click and the other is the Dr. Watson log that was generated. Both will be inside a zip archive. I'm really hoping someone can assist me on this.

Attached Files:

2. TechWizard86

TechWizard86 Private E-2

Nevermind, I found out what was causing the explorer.exe crash. I had installed Bitdefender 2012 and the drivers were causing svchost.exe to create an access violation everytime I right clicked on folders that had Bitdefender integrated in the context menu. This thread can be closed but I prefer it to remain on the boards for those who might run into the same problem I had. When I uninstalled Bitdefender the problem went away.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds