Right click/paste in Firefox stopped working normally

Discussion in 'Software' started by nancyb, Feb 12, 2010.

1. nancyb

nancyb Private E-2

I am waiting for answers in the Malware forum, but since downloading the malware files the right click in Firefox won't work correctly. If I copy something and then try to right click in order to paste into the address bar, a search box or anywhere else I get a pop-up box titled:
    "Copy select menu's option content"
    and it asks me to
    "Choose the content you wish to copy from the select menu"
    then offers these three options:
    Text only ()
    Value only ()
    Text and value place in parenthesis (if different)

This never happened until yesterday when I downloaded the antivirus and antispyware programs in the Malware forum.

Any idea which of those files caused the problem in Firefox and which I can get rid of BEFORE I get an answer in the Malware forum. I will wait until the Malware forum answers my post if I must, but not being able to use right click and paste in Firefox is driving me totally nuts :cry

BTW, this problem doesn't happen in Opera or IE.

(I tried the fix previously suggested at http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91318 by going into regedit,exe from Start > Run but the AppInit_DLLs string wasn't listed in the right pane.)

Thank you for help

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Take a look at this thread. Are you using the Copy Link Text add-on? The thread is new so maybe there was an update to that add-on recently and it is just a coincidence that you were working in the malware forum at the same time.

3. nancyb

nancyb Private E-2

That did it, thank you so much! I was going truly bonkers trying to determine what happened.

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

You are welcome! :)

5. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Not meaning to hijack the thread but my firefox 10 has quit letting me right click and paste too. I have to CTRL and V it.....

6. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hmm disabled Yahoo Application state plug in and all is well again. (Sorry again for hijacking) :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds