1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by arra2, Jul 22, 2005.

1. arra2

arra2 Private E-2

I found sme information about RoboCopy. I would like to use this utility to copy information-permissions, etc from one server to another. can someone give me some guidance on starting this project.

i would like to use robocopy to move things from old serve ro a new server. And continue to use robocopy to do diffrential backups. I can restore files, etc for those users who have lost certain infromation. i will use tape backups as a disaster recovery tool.

I'm not understanding where to begin using robocopy. Does anyone have a website with detailed information for this project? I would like to use the log file feature to inform me of how the backups went, etc.