RocketRaid SATA Controller Driver 2320

Discussion in 'Software' started by Denise_M, May 4, 2009.

1. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Hi,

I've been searching all over the net to find the RocketRaid SATA Controller Driver 2320 but I can't find a free version of it. I also went to the RocketRaid site and it referred me to programs that will give me the controller drive if I paid for the driver update programs.

Can someone help me find a site where the driver is free? I would think it would be free at the RocketRaid site but it's not.

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I'd be thinking your right thesmokingun on the brand as I not heard of a different controller off hand, plus at your link click PC Software Package and the drivers and BIOS updates are there and free.

If a different brand Denise, then please link us to the maker?

4. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

This is the controller card that I bought

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816115026

The first link that you gave me worked. Thanks :)

The second one, which I tried (among others) didn't work. When I clicked on "Download," the page said "Error 404 - File not found."

This is a great controller card for an IDE setup, which I have (12 internal hdds), but not for RAID arrays . . . it's not good enough. It received many poor ratings at NewEgg for RAID arrays.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  5. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI Denise

That site you linked to is a placeholder site as the original site was either lost its domain or was hijacked, if you see pages like that they are just adverts.

7. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

That's what threw me off . . . when I couldn't find the driver at the so-called "RocketRaid" site. Every other site that I found to download the driver required a payment for a program to download the driver. I'm glad that thesmokingun found the right site.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds