Rolling Back to XP from Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by briancampisi, Feb 23, 2009.

1. briancampisi

briancampisi Private E-2

I have a Gateway GT 5648E tower ( http://www.ciao.com/Gateway_GT5648E_Athlon_64_X2_6000_3_GHz__15527312 ) for specs, and was wondering what it entails to roll it back to xp. Im assuming ill need to dl all the drivers for everything? Can most of the components work with xp, I was told they wouldnt but I hardly believe that? It was purchased while xp machines were still on the market, and I just want to go back to xp for some performance to game on. Any info is much appreciated. Also there is a link in a similar thread
    does this provide the latest drivers for everything in the computer? Disk drives etc?

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

You are going to need to run and post an everest report so the people can see what is exactly in your computer, that way the drivers can be researched and you can get a definite answer before you roll back.

Everest Report

When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

Follow the above instructions on how to post a everest report

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds