Rooting A Nook Tablet

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by outdoorgal, Mar 3, 2017.

1. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Sergeant Major

I have an older Nook Tablet 8 gb Model BNTV250 A, version 1.4.3

I want to root it and I read all about doing that, but the problem for me is that the Cyanogenmod (whatever that is) is no longer available, and I wondered if anyone here knows about these CMs I guess they call them? I need to somehow find them to do what needs to be done to make my Root my Nook and make it more like a regular tablet, if that's even possible. I think it is, it's just the "know-how".

Here is a note from a guy that was helping me, and this was what he found out on the Xda forum:

"I've just come away from another thread in which the poster decried the disappearance of all the Cyanogenmod stuff. I knew they had died but I didn't realize everything would disappear so fast...

That means you need to source the most critical component from somewhere. One option is a new post on this board for the critical files. There is also a fellow who was developing his own related ROMs, both internal and SD card versions. I'll search for that and add it to this post in a bit."

Can anyone help me with this, I'd really like to give it a go if I know where to find the tools, and directions, I need to do it.

Thanks in advance for any help/feedback, denise:)

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

outdoorgal likes this.
  3. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Sergeant Major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds