Rosewill problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by foghat, Jul 15, 2011.

1. foghat

foghat Private E-2

I recently bought a Rosewill RC-402 lan card. I'm using XP service pack 3. My problem is when I installed the card it's not being recognized. I've downloaded
    the correct driver, but can't install it since windows doesn't see it. I've tried different slots but it still won't show up. I've enabled pnp in the bios, same result. Can I get some help on this?
    thanks, foghat

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hi foghat and welcome to MGs.

From first blush, it sounds like the card itself is DOA. (Not usual but not unheard of.)
    Do you have a second comp in which to try an install or a friend that would let you try an install? If the card works, you have a problem with your comp.
    Do you have any other add-in cards that you can test the slots themselves by moving around?
    What motherboard do you have? There may be another option in BIOS, although if you have other add-in cards working that would negate that thought.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds