Roxio GoBack 3.21

Discussion in 'Software' started by GaryW, May 18, 2004.

1. GaryW

GaryW Private E-2

Hello all,

I have used many versions of Roxio Goback without too many problems. It's been a life
    saver on many occasions. I am currently using the 3.21 updated version on an XP Home
    machine. The history file (gobackio.bin) has been set to it's maximum size of 4gb. I
    understand that the file size is proportional to the amount of write activity to the hdd.
    Also, I am aware of the increased activity that is due to the XP operating system. Presently,
    my GoBack history amounts to a time block of about 15-24 hours. My question to the forum
    is.....how can I limit or control the XP "writes" to disk thus increasing my history span to
    days instead of hours? I'm looking for a programing parameter change and not the
    most apparent fix as my wife has suggested, "spend a little less time on the thing".

eMachine 2085
    1.66 mhz
    80gb hdd (single partition)
    1 gb memory
    1.5 gb pageing file size

Thanks for any help...GaryW

2. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

I too have GoBack, which has now been bought out by Symantec/Norton. The size of the history is typically set automatically during installation at 20% of disk space. I customised the install to set this to 10% and have more than a weeks worth of history (see http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...88256d19004be7a1?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam). Note this is on a Windows 98 machine which doesn't have such things like System Restore. One thing for Windows XP and may not need it is the System Restore - nothing like doubling up!

Last edited: May 18, 2004

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds