Roxio V6

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gill, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Gill

Gill Private E-2

I have Roxio V 6.0.0.171. I am trying to format a DVD. Each time I try and format it, I get the error message attached in the picture. I am not able to burn to a CD or DVD. Please can someone help me as to why this is.

Thank you. :)

Attached Files:

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

It sounds like your disk is no good, Did you try to format another dvdrw?
    Also you coukd check roxio for updates for your program.

3. Gill

Gill Private E-2

Thanks - although I know the disks are fine.
    They are a well known brand - TDK - and brand new out of the packet.
    Do you know where I can get the link for the update from please?

Thanks.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Depends on if you have Basic or Platinum version both are listed here http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/software_updatesv6_2.jhtml

just click either the download Creator 6 Platinum update or download Creator 6 Basic update links at the above site and they will take you to all the downloads for your version.

Have you tried another brand of disk?
    Has it ever worked/burned CD/DVDs?

5. Cyrid

Cyrid Private E-2

Its not totally unheard of to get a defective DVD every once in a while (even with great brands like TDK and Memorex). I'm curious to know if you tried another DVD or even brand.

Also, do you have a multiformat DVD burner (+/-)? What format of DVD's do you have?

I noticed your error message said you were using the drag-to-disc feature of Roxio. Maybe try doing just a straight data burn without using "drag-to-disc" to rule out the discs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds