rtl70.bpi

Discussion in 'Software' started by Northerngal, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Northerngal

Northerngal Private E-2

Hi. I recently downloaded the Explorer 8 on my Xp. My computer started having problems almost immediately. Freezing solid. Requiring rebooting every time I used it within minutes. Then I decided to remove the 8 and see what happened. Not much. Even with Explorer 7 running it froze constantly. I shut off all the add ons and narrowed it to the add on of search helper and disabled it. It seemed to do the trick for an hour. Then I tried to restore it to a new time. It restored but with no improvement and a few other added problems. Now the system restore is non functional and I received a message that rtl70.bpi was missing and maybe reinstalling the office program would fix this. So I tried. Nope. Now my mail program is affected also. I cannot compose anything. I did run virus scan with nothing showing. Please HELP!!!!!!!! I also want to add that I really don't know that much about what the heck I am doing.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Northerngal...

Can you boot into Safe Mode? If so, do so with all extraneous peripherals (printer, internet connection, etc.) removed, and see if you can change the symptoms...

Also, does the machine reboot by itself? In other words, do you get a BSOD, or does the machine just freeze so that you have to manually turn it off/turn it on?

3. Northerngal

Northerngal Private E-2

The machine freezes so manual booting is the only thing that I can do. Do I disconnect all the cables before going in? And once in safe mode......since I have never done this.....do I just use the computer as before? Thank you.

4. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

Hi northern gal, welcome to MG :)

To boot into safemode, as you are booting your computer up, tap F8.

Also do you know where you downloaded Explorer 8 from?

Q

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Safe Mode is basically a troubleshooting procedure - it loads Windows with only basic hardware drivers, and excludes most 3rd-party applications...so, no - you won't be able to do much of anything, other than verify that Windows is working properly without extraneous software...

Agreed with ~Q~ - you may have d/loaded a bad IE8, or the d/l may have been corrupted...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds