Run time error, help needed!

Discussion in 'Software' started by nicolasara, Dec 26, 2010.

1. nicolasara

nicolasara Private E-2

Hi everyone, i just installed a pretty simple argentinian online RPG called Argentum. Very popular one, used to play it a lot 3 years ago on my old computer.

I wanted to install it on my new windows 7 one, and when i try to run it, i get the following error:

Run time error 339: components MsComCtl.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

So, i get that this library is for 32 bit interfaces and my windows 7 is 64.. so in order to run it, you gotta install the library on the carpet Syswow64 and register it from there using the command prompt.

Well, succesfully done it, but the error keeps on!

Anyways this was the first time i got this error, i also tried other things such as registering it in system32, manually and with some installers other users gave me..mmh, also i erased the thing and put another one i found on the interned and registered again.. thats pretty much it, all the things i tried with no succes.

There are a lot of people having the same issue or some related ones all over the internet, and also on the forum of this game, so it'll help many people.

Thanks a lot, hope someone can help us.

2. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

Have you posted this in the games forum? You might have better luck there.

3. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

I would try : Right click the program start file, then PROPERTIES, then the COMPATIBILITY tab, and you can try to run it in a different compatibility mode .

4. nicolasara

nicolasara Private E-2

Yeah several people are having this issue with this game, also posted on their forum with no succesfull solution yet.

Anyways, i've been tryin it out with different compatibilities but it happens the exact same everytime :cry .

There should be a solution :confused

5. nicolasara

nicolasara Private E-2

SOLVED!!!

So, i just proved that being patient is a key to succes!

Anyways i tried so many different things to solve this error with no succes, till i found this installer some guys of Ascentive uploaded. It succesfully registers MsComCtl.ocx and tons of other libraries that arent on Windows Vista and Windows 7:

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe

I installed it on both carpets System32 and Syswow64, but i guess that installing it on Syswow was enough.

So if you had this issue like me, give it a shot!:major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds