Rundll error C:\windows\system32\mxruglku.dll - Specified module could not be found

Discussion in 'Software' started by cls, Nov 8, 2008.

1. cls

cls Private E-2

Hi, this is the error message I get when I turn on my computer. If I click ok, I can still use my pc, but when opening web pages it can be quite slow. It also freezes every now and then when surfing the net.
    Help! What can I do to repair this problem?:confused

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Re: Rundll error C:\windows\system32\mxruglku.dll - Specified module could not be fou

The file you have mentioned is MALWARE! The fact that message says the file can't be found is actually a good thing, but it also shows that the virus/trojan's parent process is still active and seeking out it child processes. Head over to the Malware Removal Forum after reading this guide and following the steps listed exactly as they are laid out. Do NOT skip any steps. If you still have problems after following the guide, post in the Malware Removal Forum and the experts there will get you straightened out.
    Good luck!

[dlb]

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Re: Rundll error C:\windows\system32\mxruglku.dll - Specified module could not be fou

I posted a thread a while back that features some helpful info about virus files and how to recognize them. Read this thread for more info. It is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be any type of guide to virus removal.

4. cls

cls Private E-2

Hi, thanks heaps, this seems to have fixed the problem.
    Do I need to uninstall the programs I've just used? I don't want to uneccessarily clog up my computer now it's working again, but I'm happy to keep them on there if it keeps it clean!

5. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

I would recommend running the steps in the Malware Removal Guide and creating a new thread in the Malware Removal forum so we can confirm your system is clean. Remember, just because you don't see any obvious symptoms doesn't mean your system is clean.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds