RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection java.inf,Unistall

Discussion in 'Software' started by alf3367, Jan 19, 2005.

1. alf3367

alf3367 Private First Class

i entered this command in my run box in efferts to delete my current java and then i was going to download sun java, but after the restart my internet explorer or firefox does not run. as if there is no connection. i have checked all of my settings and everything is ok. this is what i typed "RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection java.inf,Unistall" clicked ok, then ok again and then restarted like the thread said too, now i have problems and now i have to use a different pc to post. can anybody help?

2. alf3367

sorry about that here is the direct quote: "1: Select Start > Run and Enter "RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection java.inf,UnInstall" in the Open box, and click ok.
    2: Click Yes to confirm that you want to remove the Microsoft VM "

3. alf3367

no i'm sorry i do not, i dont know tons about pcs but heres where u can find what i was reading its towards the bottom and its under:Keeping your computer safe and secure: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 <<<<this was the thread i was going off of to remove some spyware. i was just going down the list of things to do when this happened

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Allen,

Sounds like you are working on your Spyware thing, good job.

Try the commands again. Be sure to watch your spelling when your doing these things, double-check.

Steve

5. alf3367

ok, thanks i figured out the whole java thing and i will go back thorugh the proper steps of removal to try and get this anyoing background off my pc, thanks
    allen

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds