Running 16-bit setup program

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kkloe, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Kkloe

Kkloe Private E-2

Hallo I have problem running a setup for a program, the name of it is Philips FreeSpeech 2000. The readme of that program only mentions, win95-98 and nt so its kinda old. But still..
    I cant get setup to run it basicly get stucks and does nothing, what I can figure out is that it is an 16-bit program.
    All it does you can see in following pic: [​IMG]

I have read about on the net with google about 16 bit progams, trying to enable everything possible for it, but cant make it run more than that, I think I have all files required for it and right things in win.ini and system.ini and so on, but nothing happens.

A friend of mine also running windows xp had no problem running the setup and installing it, I have tried to compare all lines with him of previous mentioned files but still nothing. Any help?

2. d10b

d10b Private E-2

I have the same problem with Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. That same wowexec filename was showing up too! Did you ever get the program to install?

My CD just spun a bit and then nothing...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds