running a pc without being able to open .exe programs

Discussion in 'Software' started by DIdotFMlover, Feb 6, 2005.

1. DIdotFMlover

DIdotFMlover Private E-2

umm.... doesnt that sound weird? every time i click on any program it opens it with wordpad... even wordpad opens with wordpad. so i decided to move it to the trash [not permanently delete, just move] and now anytime i try to open a program it gives me the little 'open with' dialouge that tries to find a program to open that program with. confusing? yeah...

my current work-around is to click on the little 'look for a program to open this online' link which miraculously opens firefox somehow... :\

im running windows media center edition, which i think is essentially xp professional with the 'media center' program

any help would be apreciated, cause system restore wont work [obviously] and im going to have to do a full-factory reset if i cant find anything to fix it >_<

2. DIdotFMlover

DIdotFMlover Private E-2

never mind... went to folder options then the file types tab.... could someone please delete this thread? :rolleyes:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds