Running full screen

Discussion in 'Software' started by Munky90, May 9, 2005.

1. Munky90

Munky90 Private E-2

Just recently, for what reason I don't know, whenever I try to set a visualization from WMP or iTunes to full screen, the monitor flashes different brightnesses of black and then returns to the normal desktop, without even displaying the visualisation full screen for a second!

Make it unbroke please :D

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

first and its a guess.. would be to update your graphics card driver.

What OS are you using as well?

Has this just happened or been like this for a while?

Dis you install anything just before it happened... if so what?

3. Munky90

Munky90 Private E-2

Windows XP home sp2. Erm.... the problem may have occurd when I played counterstrike and kept hitting the windows key to have conversations in MSN messenger, but I'm not sure. I'll D/L the latest driver for my GC and see how that goes...

:D

4. Munky90

Munky90 Private E-2

OK, downloaded the new driver from windows update but I'm still having the same problem. I experimented by playing counterstrike again and found that I had no problem initially getting into the game but when I pressed the windows key to get to the desktop and then clicked back into the game, the computer had a lot of trouble bringing it back up again.

5. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Don't use Windows Update for your graphics driver as the drivers it contains are old.

Go to the graphic chip manufacturers site instead, such as nVidia or ATI.

If you are unsure of the chip, then download Everest Home Edition from HERE and that will tell you as well as supply links for updated drivers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds