Running in safe mode, cannot download and install tutorial programs

Discussion in 'Software' started by rkimrey, Dec 3, 2008.

1. rkimrey

rkimrey Private E-2

Ok, here's my trouble..I am running in safe mode, when I am in norm mode system locks up fairly quickly after I try to access any program especially IE. I have tried to download and install Stopzilla and get a message telling me system admin has policies set into place preventing install. I am running XP home on a HP pavillion. So I have a couple of issues going on. I have ran Spy-bot and AVG. Spy-bot is clean but I do have a txt. file for AVG showing alot of not tested files and also have ran hijackthis, which at my level of experience I can't interpet the data due to lack of knowlege. I did notice from reading another post that I need to change the program name for(hijackthis). Is it to late, do I need to uninstall and rename it when reinstalling?

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

HI

As I mentioned before if you suspect malware is causing problems, then you need to read the link I gave you earlier .. this one

If you decide you want to follow those procedures then you need to remember to attach the 4 requested logs once completed to a NEW post in Malware Removal section and not here in this forum.

3. Kestrel13!

You don't need to worry about this as HJT will be correctly installed upon running MGTools.exe

4. rkimrey

rkimrey Private E-2

Sorry Kestrel13!, I didn't see your last message in the welcome forum. I will look the link over and get back later. Thanks

5. Kestrel13!

no problem :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds