Running Omega drivers on Radeon mobility 7000 IGP

Discussion in 'Software' started by Steeev, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Steeev

Steeev Corporal

Hi.
    A friend of mine uses a Toshiba Equium A60 notebook, and he's having trouble running any sort of 3D game (he gets an ATIOGLxx error, and the game quits to desktop)
    I suggested updating the drivers, but he was worried that he'd mess up the display, and seeing as how the computer belongs to his missus, we were both too scared to incur her wrath!
    ATI and Toshiba were both, quite frankly, bloody useless.
    I believe it would be possible to run the much more user-friendly Omega drivers, but was wondering if anyone had done this successfully in the past, or do you have to instal some kind of 3rd party software to fool the PC into accepting normal drivers?

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

You're not going to get too much power out an ATI 7000 IGP chip, and I couldn't see the point of using Omega drivers with it(I don't see how they're more user friendly:confused:.) I would say just use the normal ATI drivers from ati.com.

BTW, what game do you want to play? That chipset is very old and very slow, so you're not going to play anything besides maybe roller coaster tycoon or so.

3. Steeev

Steeev Corporal

Cheers Pyrate
    He was trying to run Oolite, not a game that requires much oomph - flies on my system, but he's getting the error.
    ATI/Toshiba haven't upgraded the drivers since his computer was put together.
    I keep trying to hassle him into getting a decent rig, so we can play more up to date games, but he's torn between that and keeping a roof over his missus's head... What can you do? ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds