Running SSH and then Nmap

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Soundwave.22, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Soundwave.22

Soundwave.22 Private E-2

Hello,

I a new here and not sure where I should post this, so here goes.

For the past couple of days I have been working on setting up and SSH server and Mangos. I have them both running and I believe the ports are forwarded right.
    None the less I come in to work today and I go to SSH into my home machine and I keep getting an error (using putty) Network error, connection timed out. :confused
    Ok so I know I am at work and I figure they have port 22 locked down for their own reasons. So I decide that I am going to run namp against my home address, and the port for 22 shows it is open, so I just assume the pix firewall is set up to block communications on 22. Oh well no big lost. :cry

So I continued to read the Namp out put and I have some other open ports, which I need open to allow access to the internet. The port that concerns me is port 17300. This is open and I dont remember opening it on my router..:confused Also I cant telnet to this port and when it connects it said something weird stayed connected for a bit, then drop connection.

I think it may be the kuang2 virus, but if I did on a machine, would my anti virus pick that up in a heart beat, it being an older virus?
    Also how would it have opened the port through my home router?
    Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome, thank you.

As of 900 AM EST the port is no longer open. I am so bamboosled. (lol)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds