Running Sum in Microsoft Access Report

Discussion in 'Software' started by theSatinKnight, Mar 21, 2003.

1. theSatinKnight

theSatinKnight Private E-2

OK: I've been using Microsoft Access for a while. No training, mind you. But I don't seem to find any reference to being able to designate a field as a running sum. As in: I'm showing (with the data already in the report) inventory stock beginning balance, followed by DATED sales and purchases ... having a running total column would make all that data worthwhile so I can place an order that will STOP any items from going negative. I tried to do this for another purpose last year, and had no luck at all. This time I figured I'd ask some professionals.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

When you're doing your report and you have your bound field on the report to the field in the database that you want to sum... you must right click on the field in the report and select properties..then select the data tab and select running sum on the bottom. Either for group or overall. If you use group it will total for that header group. If you choose overall, it will do it for the entire report.

3. theSatinKnight

theSatinKnight Private E-2

Why thank you. I love simple solutions. I knew it was in there somewhere, but my keyword search on running sum gave zero results, along with several others.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds