running to programs together

Discussion in 'Software' started by whopoopedinmycar, Dec 31, 2014.

1. whopoopedinmycar

whopoopedinmycar Private E-2

I know rule of thumb you cant run two fire walls together but can i run comodo firewall with the default firewall that comes with windows 8? should i even? thank you for the help

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

No. You should never run 2 firewalls, 2 antivirus, or 2 real time (non on demand scan) antimalware.

I believe windows automatically turns off their apps if they detect 3rd party in windows 8, but maybe that's not the case. I know defender turned off on mine when NOD32 was detected.

3. LauraR

Just to add the reason: They can and usually conflict and cause issues with your machine.

4. whopoopedinmycar

whopoopedinmycar Private E-2

do you think using that firewall is better then the default one?

5. LauraR

I think whatever works for you is the best. I used to use comodo, but went with Windows firewall back when I had Windows 7. I use it in 8.1 as well.

I am extremely careful as far as browsing and downloading. Honestly, that is the single most important thing. Be careful where you go and watch what and where from you download software from.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds