Running Win 2000 V 5.0 SP4

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gotuguessin, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Gotuguessin

Gotuguessin Private E-2

How do I upgrade my IE6 to IE7 OR 8. Yes she's an oldy but a goody. I need my IE to run faster without Active X problems.:confused

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Gotuguessin.

IE7-8 will not support Windows 2000 - sorry. You're at the end of the road with IE6 - you can only make sure you have the latest IE6 SPs and updates.

Or, you can try Firefox, which I've never seen have any ActiveX issues.

3. Gotuguessin

Gotuguessin Private E-2

Caliban,

Thanks for the response. I've read everthing concerning this problem and you have confirmed it all. I was hoping you guys here at Majors might know a way around this problem Microsoft has caused. Thanks again.:)

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

No problem. There may, however, be browsers that simulate or are based on IE7-8 and that will run on 2000. Take a look at the MG Browser section, especially the Maxthon series.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds