Runtime Error and End Program message

Discussion in 'Software' started by SR&D-Rockman, Jan 1, 2007.

1. SR&D-Rockman

SR&D-Rockman Private E-2

Greetings,

I have two issues that I am unable to resolve. They are:

1. Receive the following Runtime Error message whenever I open Outlook Express:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Programs: ...s\Trend Micro\Internet Security 2007\TMAS_OE\TMAS.exe

2. Everytime I shut down my system, I receive the following End Program message:

End Program - DirectDBNotifyWndProc
    ----------
    The following are my system specs: ABIT KN9S Socket X2 MoBo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ CPU, CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM, 2 x Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA HDs, eVGA 256-P2-N445-LX GeForce 7300GT 256MB Video Card

Not sure if it this will help or not, but I've attached a HJT log...just in case.

Thank you for your assistance.

Attached Files:

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Sounds like Trend Micro's email protection is causing it. Try disabling the email scanning feature and see if you still get the errors.

Steve

3. SR&D-Rockman

SR&D-Rockman Private E-2

Thanks for the tip Steve. Unfortunately, this didn't help - although the problem does appear to be related to Trend Micro. I'm new to Trend Micro...had enough of the Norton's sluggishness. I also e-mailed Trend Micro's tech support to see if they have any suggestions. I'm still at a loss.

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Which version of Norton's did you have installed?

Steve

5. Heather Ann

Heather Ann Private E-2

you might wanna try an office update too for what it's worth.

Trend Micro might be making some assumptions your office isn't deliverin' on.

good luck!

6. SR&D-Rockman

SR&D-Rockman Private E-2

No longer use Norton...that was on my old system. My current system strictly has Trend Micro running on it.

7. SR&D-Rockman

SR&D-Rockman Private E-2

I tried that also without luck. Thank you though.

8. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

OK. the machine you are having problems with has never had Norton's installed........correct?

Steve

9. SR&D-Rockman

SR&D-Rockman Private E-2

Yes, correct.

10. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Have you installed the PayPal payment wizard for Outlook Express recently?

Steve

11. SR&D-Rockman

SR&D-Rockman Private E-2

No I haven't. Another thing I thought of is that these two problems happened after some general maintenance - Spybot, Ad-Aware, CCleaner, and defraging through Diskeeper. I wonder if this screwed things up?

12. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Don't know.

I didn't notice SpySweeper in your HJT log, if you have it I would uninstall it and see if that solves the problem.

It could be a "security" program you have installed interfering with Trend Micro.

Steve

13. SR&D-Rockman

SR&D-Rockman Private E-2

I don't have SpySweeper on there. Perhaps another conflict?

14. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

It would just be trial and error but something to consider.

Steve

15. SR&D-Rockman

SR&D-Rockman Private E-2

I'm starting to think that a file from Trend Micro must have been deleted or corrupted during a Spybot or Ad-Aware scan. Perhaps this is why I'm getting the error message when I open up Outlook Express? I could try uninstalling and then reinstalling Trend Micro. I'll let you know how it goes.

16. SR&D-Rockman

SR&D-Rockman Private E-2

Both problems fixed!!! I uninstalled and then reinstalled Trend Micro Internet Security 2007 and my system no longer has the runtime error or the end program message. Steve, thank you for your assistance with this. Looks like I am up and running again!!!

17. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Wish I had thought of that the first time. ;)

I'm glad you figured it out, good job. :)

Steve

18. SR&D-Rockman

SR&D-Rockman Private E-2

Very cool...thanks! Have a great New Year!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds