Runtime Error R6016 Not enough space for thread data-Pro Tools 8-

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gigig, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Gigig

Gigig Private E-2

Howdy there Major Geeks!

I'm hoping you can help me, well my husband anyway. He is having a reoccuring problem with his Sony Viao.

It has Windows-Vista, has been updated with the latest service packs, security updates for all programs being used and rarely goes on the internet.

We've searched for spyware, malware and viruses and all came up empty.

He mainly uses the computer for music mixing and mastering, using Digidesign Pro Tools 8

Everytime he gets into a project and starts using his plug-ins for songs or when he tries to bounce a song to disk with mp3-the computer gives him this error- "Runtime r6016-Not enough space for thread data" and promptly shuts down-losing all his work.

The event viewer mentions something about Sidebyside? And we have downloaded and installed microsoft digital C++ 2008-redistributable set up-per the microsoft web site. However, that didn't seem to do anything.

We've run CCleaner-which doesn't seem to fix anything. We've also run disk-defrags, and numerous other programs which these forums mention-to no avail.

I didn't post this in the malware/spyware forum-because we dont' really think that is its problem. Please let me know what information you need from me to help him fix it! He uses this computer for school projects and they take twice as long because its shutting down constantly!

Thank you tons in advance!

G

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

How much free space does he have on said drive?

3. Gigig

Gigig Private E-2

Boy you're quick!

His C drive has 95GB free and when he's using many plug ins-it uses approx. 30% of his cpu-

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your help!

G

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Can he try "tries to bounce a song to disk with mp3-the computer " without using any of the plugins? Maybe one of the plugins is causing the issue.

5. Gigig

Gigig Private E-2

He said he can open the program and open a song and bounce it to mp3 without using any plugs ins or editing the song at all-however he doesn't know if he can adjust something without using a plug in and then bouncing it to mp3. He will try and we will post the results.

Thanks,

G

6. Gigig

Gigig Private E-2

He moved all his plug ins to a separate folder and edited a song without them and then tried to bounce to an mp3 it still gave him the same error. So its not just the plug ins apparently.

Thanks G

7. Gigig

Gigig Private E-2

So after doing some research we found that his version of Pro tools is actually 8.0.4, I logged onto the digidesign site and found that 8.0.4 is compatible with Vista sp2 not Vista sp1 so we updgraded to Vista SP2 and nothing changed. So, we're back at square one.

He's been monitoring his usage while he's working-to see if he's using up too much RAM, or cpu and he's not? He's not even using a 1/3 of it. WHile he's running all the programs with his plug ins. Ack. He's also shut down all the un-necessary programs that run-so when you look at his task manager-there are only a few things running-thats it. Don't really know what else to do!

You're help is greatly appreciated!

G

8. Gigig

Gigig Private E-2

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas? Please let me know. This problem has gotten worse.

If there is somewhere anyone can direct me that would be great!

Thanks so much,

Gigig

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds