?'s the differnce?saphire/ati radeon

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by khoac6, Apr 26, 2006.

1. khoac6

khoac6 Private E-2

pretty much as the title says, what's the differance between SAPHIRE RADEON and ATI RADEON if they are both by ATI?

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

ATI make the video processor core and have designed the card,if its an ATI radeon ATI have manufactured it also,if its a sapphire card they have manufactured the card "not the core" and are selling them under license from ATI :)

Basically ATI can make more money by letting other people make the card as they dont have the manufacturing capacity to meet demand

3. khoac6

khoac6 Private E-2

regardless if your a ati person or not do think its still ok to go w/saphire?

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

They're all basically the same sapphire are as good a brand as any,the quality brands,bfg,xfx ect. tend to use better quality components that will overclock slightly higher than a cheaper brand but you still pay for it

Its best to google the sapphire card your interested in get a few reviews see how it compares to other brands of the same card more importantly see what extra software and 'sometimes' hardware come with it that you wouldnt mind having,also some manufacturers now offer a lifetime guarantee with their products bfg for example

If the sapphire card is cheaper than the ATI card they have roughly the same bundle and warranty theres no reason not to get it :)

5. stardis

stardis Private E-2

I have a Sapphire ATI Atlantis 9600 128mb in one of my computers and it is excellent. I don't do any gaming with it, so I don't know anything about that. It is passively cooled and has DVI out-- that's why I bought it.

6. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

I have a Sapphire 9800 Pro and have had no complaints. It runs CS:Source like a champ. :)

7. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Ricki right ATI GPU on many different board manufacters, excellent summary. Was an reading article somewhere recently and it said one of the benefits of the Sapphire cards was that the BIOS were unlocked (for the older versions at least) and could be readily OC if you wanted to squeeze a little more out of them. I find mine is unlocked and agree otherwise for some other cards w ATI GPU you may have to mod the BIOS and "flash" the card.

So simply, Sapphire have an unlocked BIOS= good!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds