Safe Place To Download Winzip?

Discussion in 'Software' started by 20Valve, Sep 13, 2014.

1. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

Greetings Geeks -

I need a safe place to download Winzip. I just built a new computer, and I had to reinstall Win 8 twice because I got burned trying to download a few things. I know, I know . . . I am pretty cautious, but apparently not cautious enough, and I do feel like an idiot. I guess the Internet is that bad. So, anyway . . .

Can somebody please provide me a safe place to download Winzip!?

Thanks!

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

How about from the "horse's mouth"? :)

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

[​IMG]
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/winzip.html

4. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

I went there, and went again. Downloaded, and that link's file has adware in it. Specifically, I believe, "Astromedia," the search engine hijacker. I am glad I had my antivirus check it out. I thought that page looked familiar.

I wonder what is going on, are you sure that is the correct site? If so, then they are inserting adware into their product. I will go without, thank you!

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

100% sure. You might want to head over to our malware cleanup forums. Either you are infected and hijacked, or your DNS server settings have been hijacked.

6. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

What about the Major Geeks link Just Playin provided? BTW, if a file is bundleware, MG's states so. It could well be that the freeware version of Winzip is bundleware at either download link. When installing, just make sure to opt out instead of doing express install.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds