Safe sites for SNES emulators?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gene2308, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Gene2308

Gene2308 Private E-2

Hi, I am looking for any potential sites for SNES emulators (system and games) that are free or viruses, or are reputable. I have had to remove malware before and don't want to go through that again....ever.

Thanks for any help! You guys are great.

Gene

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Hm... touchy subject. Basically, it's okay to talk about emulators, since they are legal if you already own the games, but asking for help downloading is too treacherous ground to be a good idea, and the MG rules don't like that. So don't ask where you can get games from, and the moderators won't have to lock your thread. :)

Emulator-Zone is a reputable site that has pretty much every emulator out there. They also offer some public domain games and freeware games, but they don't offer any copyrighted games. In other words, you won't find any Zelda games on their website. The link goes to their SNES page, by the way. Enjoy!

3. Gene2308

Gene2308 Private E-2

Oh, my mistake...it honestly didn't even cross my mind. I appreciate the response and I will take your advice seriously. I would rather keep my MG account and just follow the rules :)

4. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I thought you'd see it that way. ;)

There's a sticky in the MG Gaming forum about the site policy on emulators and other stuff, if you want to read more. Also, if you have questions about the emulators themselves, that's the best sub-forum to post in since that's were we gamers usually hang out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds