Safely Remove Hardware.....

Discussion in 'Software' started by Clinetyme, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Clinetyme

Clinetyme Private First Class

How can i get that "Safely remove hardware" icon off my toolbar?

2. w0ts0n

w0ts0n Private E-2

Right click on the taskbar click properties.

Now, you can either uncheck the box that says "hide inactive icons" or go to customize click behavior on safely remove hardware and click always show.

Hope that helped.

-w0ts0n

3. Clinetyme

i did the "hide inactive icons" but its still there.....where do i find..... "customize click behavior on safely remove hardware and click always show"....thx

4. Clinetyme

ok , i did that, everything in the 'customize' reads "hide when inactive", the only thing that dissapered was my Nvidia settings icon (which is fine , i can set that in the control panel) but the safely remove icon is still there, i even tried rebooting after i applied the settings, any other ideas?......thx

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Please confirm that you don't have any hardware actually plugged in that could be causing this to remain in the toolbar.

6. Clinetyme

geesh..whatta dumba** i am.....yes i have some usb 's being used...(i guess thats why its not hiding)....ITS NOT INACTIVE...!!!!! I just formatted and i pay close attention to things running on my comp, i like to keep proccesses and programs running to a minimum, i need all the performance i can get for gaming......thx for the virtual slap......lol

7. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

LOL...you're welcome..... ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds