Safely Uninstall Partial installation of XP SP2

Discussion in 'Software' started by mold13, Jul 11, 2005.

1. mold13

mold13 Private E-2

Dell Dimension 2350
    P4 2.2 GHZ
    XP Home
    512 MB RAM
    30 Gig HardDrive

System was severly infected. No is 99% clean with help from experts on the Spyware Specific forum. However, during the disinfecting the Automatic Windows Update feature started working again and pop up box reported Critical update SP2 needed to be installed. Tried to install it, but during the installation system froze and had to be rebooted. Realize now I should have waiting until system fully cleaned.

First boot after this occurred system said it was unstable and SP2 should be uninstalled. Went to control panel to uninstall SP2 using Add/Remove programs option. Uninstall wizard checked the system and gave me a message listing every program on the pc and said if the uninstallation continued these programs may become unstable. Did not continue.

Went to MS Windows update site to see if the SP2 could continue where it left off. MS Scanned system for current config and said must be uninstalled.

How can I safely uninstall the partial SP2 so I can install a full SP2 update? Is it true that all programs will become unstable if the partial SP2 is uninstalled using the Add/Remove Programs in the control panel as it stated?

2. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

I think it would be ok.Maybe somebody has a better idea.So wait for more replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds