Samsung 2253BW - 1680 x 1050

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Franix, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Franix

Franix Private E-2

I've had this monitor for four months and has worked great, with my old ASUS 9600xt/ASUS A7N8X-E Motherboard. I had it to 1680 x 1050 and has worked fine. I got a free ATI 9600 AIW and decided to try it to see if I'd squeeze some more frames out of it. I did, was using the Omega drivers on both and it looked great.

Then I ended up getting a weird virus on my PC so had to do a buncha scans then when it was gone, I also did a buncha windows updates. Not SP3, but the rest of them.

I think Windows updated my graphic card and chipset drivers. WT heck was I thinking?

Since updating windows, it brought me back to 600x480. When I switched it back to 1680 x 1050, the monitor recognizes it as being in 1680 x 1050 but the desktop doesn't fit on the screen, meaning, it's too wide. I move my mouse from left to right and the other half of the screen disappears. Everything is kind of stretched as well.

There's a setting on the monitor for Image Size, but it's showing disabled. I'm not sure how to enable it or if it will resolve the issue.

I uninstalled the chipset drivers and video card drivers and restarted and reinstalled and still looks the same.

Any idea how to enable Image Size on this monitor, or what could be causing my 1680 x 1050 to no longer fit.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds