samsung e530 driver problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by kid1234, Feb 18, 2006.

1. kid1234

kid1234 Private E-2

hello to all!

i have placed this post in the driver section as i believe (but not 100% sure) that this is the problem

the situation is i am trying to install the program so i can upload and download data from my samsung e530 mobile to my computer using a data cable

I am having all sorts of problems trying to get the data transfer to work, I have followed the instructions for windows 98se, this is what i have done so far.

1) Install cd suite, followed all instructions, the installation is always successful.
    2) Open up pim and file manager, then plugged in cable to phone and computer, it says it recognized new hardware but it would not install; then it simply did not recognize any hardware at all.

I have tried reinstalling a couple of times, but am getting nowhere.

i have gone into control panel ->add new hardware, and in there it shows 5 drivers called 'WMC ACM 1.0 App' when i click on each of them it states 'the driver is installed but there is a problem,click finish'. so i click finish and one tab one is states 'the drivers are not installed (code 28)'. i follow the instructions to install but it comes up 'window unable to locate a drive for this device'

so i have deleted all the rubbish about 'WMC ACM 1.0 App' using control panel -> system

so the The pim and file manager is loading up fine, its offline and says to go online; how the hell do i do this?

Secondly when i install the data cable i keep getting loading driver 'WMC ACM 1.0 App' but the dam thing does not want to install, keeps saying unable to find driver, i am at an absolute loss why the driver is not being recognized, i think this appears to be the problem:mad:

I would be grateful for any help as my (basic) understanding of computers has reached its limit.

2. kid1234

kid1234 Private E-2

i should also add i have downloaded the pim and file manger from the samsung website as well as using the cd suite, both have the same problem.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Dont know if the Samsung software is similar to the Siemens data software I use as I had similar problems at first, yes they software installed ok but it did not recognise the phone, until I tried a few settings out on install... the one that worked was changing the COM port that is to be used, I changed it to COM4, seems the others were all allocated.

worth seeing if the software on install will allow you to change the COM port?

Is the cable the Serial or USB one?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds