Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by tomg, Feb 17, 2013.

1. tomg

tomg Private First Class

Complete novice here. I bought a Galaxy Tab 2 for my wife...she would like to begin keeping in touch with family and friends using Skype video. She'd also like to load her photos onto the Galaxy. Check her email. And listen to Tuned In Radio streams. That's it.
    The Galaxy screen now has about 40 icons on it, and I would really like to simplify it, but not sure how to do that.
    I downloaded something called GO LAUNCHER, but that seemed to make things more complicated.
    Is there any easy way to simplify the screen so it has these icons only:

Skype, Yahoo Mail, Dropbox (for her photos), Internet Explorer (she occasionally tries to surf the web), Tuned In Radio (already downloaded), Xfinity TV (already downloaded.

Thanks.

2. tomg

tomg Private First Class

took me several hours, but I more or less figured it out....lots of pressing and holding down buttons and dragging icons into trash cans!

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yeah the new various tablets even from Apple, Microsoft and Android etc are a learning process to get used to the various options, they are not like using Windows (albeit the MS Surface is).

But glad you managed to work out the options you needed without our input.... I would say that and I do with any user is to play with the device and checkout all the options, as you may well find out a lot more than being told about them.

I do like the Samsung Galaxy Tab2 as its a neat piece of kit.

4. tomg

tomg Private First Class

thanks!

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

While I don't have a Galaxy tablet I do have a Galaxy phone, and it has several home screens. They work like multiple desktops on a computer.... I have organized mine so one has games, one has multimedia, one has commerce/banking, one has emails/IM (including Skype) and so on.

If a Samsung tablet can't do what a Samsung phone can, something has gone terribly wrong with that company. ;)

Also, everything David said. :)

6. tomg

tomg Private First Class

Thanks again to you and everyone on this site....always very helpful to us novices!
    My wife is thrilled with her tablet....she doesn't use it's fully range of capabilities for sure, but it reall is suited for the limited uses she does have for it!

7. Kazu

Kazu Private E-2

Unfortunately, the Samsung galaxy tabs aren't as popular in the US as they should be. The iPad is more responsive to touch and is more accessible though. I currently have both.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds