Samsung SD-608 DVD_ROM Drive Issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by jwb38sbcglobal, Jan 29, 2006.

1. jwb38sbcglobal

jwb38sbcglobal Private First Class

Samsung SD-608 DVD_ROM Drive Issue
    CPU/Ram: pentium III, 384 MB RAM

I'm having problem with samsung sd-608 DVD-Rom Drive, it stopped recognising DVD-Rom.
    It reads CDs perfectly fine. This pc had windows 98 on it,but i put xp on it, and now the dvd-rom driver does not read DVD-rom discs. How do i fix this issue. when i open my computer to see if its there it listed as a cd drive..if im right this didnt happen till i put the sp2 on here,i could be wrong though.ive tryed reinstalling drirect x.but that didnt help.if more info is needed just let me know.if i put a dvd in the drive and try to start it it tells me theres no disc in it.

thanks

2. Steeev

Steeev Corporal

Have you tried updating the firmware for your drive?
    You may be able to use this one here: http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/LiveU...EARCH&SearchWord=SD-608&image1.x=0&image1.y=0
    But you should check with the instructions (Check f/w version) on the page that it's the right firmware, else you could ruin your drive.
    There is a lot of trouble with some of the older Samsung drives and Windows XP, and not a lot of answers to go with them..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds